LAW & TECHNOLOGY – 2nd year
The Future of Legal Practitioners in the AI Era
Instructors: 23 international academics & professionals
Following the tremendous success of our 1st year, we are excited to announce the launch of the 2nd year of our joint collaboration between Tilburg University’s esteemed Law Faculty and NOMIKI BIBLIOTHIKI | COLLEGE.
NOMIKI BIBLIOTHIKI | COLLEGE , in partnership with Tilburg University School of Law - ranked as the best Dutch university in law according to THE World University Rankings 2023 by subject- is proud to offer the newly updated Executive Program «Law & Technology». This program delves into all the latest technological developments in law and provides a university certificate upon completion. The program covers a wide range of regulatory and legal issues that arise from the rapid development and application of information and communication technologies. Participants will gain both practical and theoretical skills needed to effectively address digital challenges within the field of law.
- The program offers legal professionals intensive education and training in a wide range of legal areas related to information and communication technologies.
- It contributes to the development of interdisciplinary skills, offering competitive advantages in the ever-changing labour market.
- Participants will deepen their understanding of practical, strategic, and contemporary approaches to legal issues related to technology, which will make them key players in workplace decision-making centres.
- The instructors are well-trained and highly experienced international academics and practitioners in the field of law and technology.
Introductory seminars (12 h)
- Introduction to Law & Technology
- Human rights and technology
- European Courts: Enforcement and remedies
Artificial Intelligence (12 h)
- The EU AI Act
- Algorithmic collusion
- The role of ethics in the regulation of AI
- The social impacts of data and AI
- Regulation of large language models, like ChatGPT
European data protection & Cybersecurity (16 h)
- GDPR and EU data initiatives
- Rights that exist in theory but not in practice?
- Data processing in ICT Contracts
- Drafting privacy policies
- Transborder transfers of data
- Cookies and spam; how law and technology interact
- Understanding DPIA
Intellectual Property (4 h)
- IP’s big data bang: framing the intersection between IP and (big) data
- Auctor ex machina? AI and copyright
Competition Law (12 h)
- Mergers and remedies
- Anti-competitive practices under Articles 101, 102 TFEU
- Competition enforcement in the digital era, big data, multi-sided platforms
Cybercrime Law (4 h)
- Substantive Cybercrime Law
- Policing Cyberspace
Energy law (8 h)
- Introduction to European Energy Law
- Competition and regulation in energy markets
- Regulation and governance of a just energy transition
- Data sharing in the energy sector
Health Law (4 h)
- Technologies of Care, Technologies of Control
- EU health data governance and regulation
FinTech laws and regulations (4 h)
- Financial Innovation and Regulation
- EU AML/CFT and data sharing among the actors
Digital trade and Standardisation (4 h)
- Digital trade regulation and global value chains
- Standards and Information Law
Download from here detailed lessons timetable
The whole program will be offered online. All sessions will be held through distance learning (live streaming). The two sessions taught by Prof. Monti (19 & 20.01.2024) will be offered in a hybrid way, allowing participants to join onsite at the premises of NOMIKI BIBLIOTHIKI | COLLEGE in Athens or online. The program will be conducted totally in the English language.
After successful completion of the Course, participants will receive a University Certificate of Attendance (Certificate), awarded by the Law Faculty of Tilburg University.
The whole program will take place online. All sessions will be held through distance learning (live streaming). The two sessions taught by Prof. Monti (19 & 20.01.2024) will take place in a hybrid way, allowing participants to join onsite at the premises of NOMIKI BIBLIOTHIKI | COLLEGE in Athens or online. The program will be conducted totally in the English language.